Picture of St Mary's Church

News and updates are shared around the village through a regular newsletter pulled together by a dedicated team...

The responsibilities of the Council are varied and ever-changing in supporting the needs and desires of this dynamic community...


Parish Council

Picture of Brookstones

Brief bullet point as to progress to date:-

  • Underfloor heating installed to plots 3,4,5,6 & 8
  • Screed placed to ground floor areas of plots 3,4,5,6 & 8
  • Staircases installed to plots 4,5 & 6
  • Stud partitions & one side boarded to ground & 1st floor of plots 4,5 & part 6
  • 1st fix sanitaryware installed & shower trays to plot 5
  • Lead work to dormers to plots going
  • Roof tiling & slate ongoing to all plots

Proposed works:-
Chimneys being placed, electrical and mechanical first fix,  staircase fitting and further stud walls to other plots.

Households across Oxfordshire will be asked to take part in Census 2021 on 21 March.
The Census, run by the Office for National Statistics, is a once-in-a-decade survey that gives the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. 
It informs where millions of pounds of public funding is spent on services like transport, education and health – on cycle routes, schools and dental surgeries. 
This Census will be the first that is run predominantly online, with households receiving a letter with a unique access code, for completing the questionnaire on their computers, phones or tablets. Paper questionnaires will be available for those who need them. 
The results will be available within 12 months and the personal records will be locked away for 100 years to be kept safe for future generations. 
For more information, visit the
Census website

St Mary's Church in the centre of the village has regular services through-out the year and an active choir...

Picture of cottage opposite the village green

The village is incredibly lucky to have two vibrant pubs which offer drinks, food and regular special events...

This list of contact details is to enable you to report any problems you have with services and highways.  The Parish Council uses these contacts but please report problems yourself for a prompt resolution.

Gas Emergency: 24/7 National Gas helpline 0800 111999

Power Cuts: National power cut helpline 0800 31 63 105 calls are free from mobile or landline. Online via
www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power-cut/ and put in your postcode for contact details.  If you live West of Slade Farm ring SSE on 0800 072 72 82

Thames Water: Leaks 0800 714614 or

Road closures:
one.network and pop your postcode in the search location box on the right.

Potholes and other highway problems (including roadside trees, hedges and vegetation affecting the highway):

Footpath and bridleway problems:


Picture of flood marker

Sydenham Village nestles in the glorious Oxfordshire countryside enjoying picturesque views of the Chiltern Hills

consultation on transport 

There are so many; the tough decision is which one to join:

Feel free to ask around in the village to find out more.

Census 2021 logo
Picture of St Mary's church




The Pubs

Picture of the Crown pub

Information (including road closures), advice on what to do and links to other information are at:   news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/flooding-in-oxfordshire/

​For the Flood Toolkit please visit the Oxfordshire County Council page at 


waste collections

The church

our Clubs, Societies and Facilities


The Public Referendum scheduled for 26th March 2020 has been postponed 


Feltham Construction Ltd have provided an update for works on site dated 19-02-21 :

Help shape the future of Oxfordshire's transport and connectivity.
The County Council is asking people to comment on their new draft Local Transport and Connectivity Plan. The plan sets out a vision for Oxfordshire that will contribute to developing a zero-carbon economy and transform the health and wellbeing of residents. 
The consultation runs until 28 March. To find out more, and to have your say, visit the county’
consultation page.

Household waste, including collection days and reporting missed bins: www.southoxon.gov.uk/south-oxfordshire-district-council/recycling-rubbish-and-waste/

Garden waste collection updates:

Waste Recycling Centres  ​Please see the waste and recycling pages at Oxfordshire County Council's website